A super simple, but also super delicious recipe for summer! The cappuccino al freddo (cold cappuccino), as it is also called in Italy, is the classic for hot days.
Also works perfectly if you put it in a thermos at home and take it to work.
We have two variants for the cappuccino al freddo for you here:
- double espresso, 40-50g depending on the brewing recipe
- Milk 150-200mL depending on glass size
- Ice cubes 3 pieces
- Optional: sugar syrup, 5-15g depending on taste
Preparation of cappuccino al freddo – with optical layering
- Pour ice cubes, simple syrup and milk into a cocktail glass
- Stir briefly with a spoon to allow the milk to cool and mix with the simple syrup
- extract the espresso directly into the glass
- Optional: decorate with coffee or chocolate powder.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optionally also with foamy consistency
As a second variant, the optical layering can also be dispensed with and the drink can be given a creamy, frothy consistency.
- Add all ingredients to a blender jar as described above and blend for 30 seconds
Optionally also with alcohol
The cappuccino al freddo is also ideal in combination with alcohol.
In our opinion, different types of schnapps are suitable for this:
Add 2-4 cl to the drink
- hazelnut brandy
- nut liqueurs
recipe Sugar syrup instructions
- 100g sugar
- 100g of water
- Heat both together in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Then let it cool down and pour into a bottle. Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Coffees that go with the recipe:
No schema found.