Simple but incredibly delicious – the Espresso Affogato is our favorite when it comes to dessert after dinner.
A cold, sweet scoop of vanilla ice cream paired with a hot espresso and something crunchy appeal to almost all the senses.
What you need:
ingredients Espresso Affogato
- a (hot) espresso, 20-25g depending on the brewing recipe
- Vanilla ice cream 1 scoop
Preparation of espresso affogato
- Pour vanilla ice cream into a dessert bowl or cocktail glass.
- Extract the espresso straight into the dessert bowl, melting some of the vanilla ice cream
- Optional: decorate with something crunchy. Roasted almond, pistachio or hazelnut slivers are great.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optionally also with other types of ice cream
The combination with vanilla ice cream is certainly the most common, but other types of ice cream can also be exciting and make the Affogato unique.
In our opinion, the following varieties are suitable for this:
Coffees that go with the recipe:
Questions about the ice coffee recipe Affogato al Caffè
An affogato al caffè is an espresso with vanilla ice cream and is often served as a dessert. It has its origin in Italy. The Affogato al Caffè can also be prepared with other types of ice cream, find out more in our recipe!
The basic recipe is simple:
- 1 espresso
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
You can find more tips in our recipe!
No schema found.